Quality standards are an integral part of the quality system. These aim at ensuring safety and consistency. They need to be followed to meet regulatory requirements as well as monitor functioning of the laboratory.
UNHLS ensures that in implementing lab quality standards, laboratories are able to
• Give confidence to users in availing lab services.
• Give confidence to the laboratory for the results.
• Provide National/International recognition of technical competence.
• Provide defense of laboratories while dealing with legal disputes pertaining to laboratory results.
• Reduce the operating costs of the laboratories by getting results right, first time and every time.
• To attract more business for the private sector laboratories.
• Meet purchase or regulatory specifications.
• Increase competitiveness and market share.