Quality standards are an integral part of the quality system. These aim at ensuring safety and consistency. They need to be followed to meet regulatory requirements as well as to monitor functioning of the laboratory.
UNHLS ensures that in implementing lab quality standards, laboratories are able to
• Give confidence to users in availing lab services.
• Give confidence to the laboratory for the results
• Provides national/international recognition of technical competence
• Helps in defending laboratories while dealing with legal disputes pertaining to laboratory results • Reduces the operating costs of the laboratories by getting results right the first time and every time
• Helps private sector laboratories to attract more business
• Helps in national and international acceptance of results
• Meets purchase or regulatory specifications
• Increases competitiveness and market share